The health and safety of the children and staff who attend our “Funweeks” is, and always will be our main priority. We have put in place the various measures below to ensure we are COVID -19 ready, and that everyone can enjoy a safe and enjoyable experience at our camps. The following procedures will be implemented:
- Bookings are made and paid for online using our website facility.
- On arrival, our camp supervisor will sign your child in and out of the club to reduce touching any pens, paper or surfaces. Parents will also not be allowed in the buildings as a COVID-19 safety measure, and we will try and operate and one-way system whenever possible. Parents will be encouraged to comply to social distancing guidelines.
- Children will be reminded of COVID-19 expectations at the start of each day, including how to maintain social distancing, washing hands effectively, covering mouth and nose when couching or sneezing, and disposing of tissues safely.
- Group size will be reduced and children allocated a designated “bubble” in which they will stay in for that whole week to complete all activities. Therefore, bookings must be made per week, and we will not be taking bookings for single days as we have done previously. The majority of activities will take place outdoors when suitable. If weather prevents this, then indoor spaces will be well ventilated.
- Hand washing stations will be available, with “hand washing breaks” conducted throughout the day at regular intervals, and when deemed necessary. Each venue will have anti-bacterial or soap available. Facilities will be deep cleaned before the start of each day, to ensure a safe working environment is provided.
- All Funweek staff have received the relevant training and support to ensure safe practice and risk reduction, and are aware of our risk assessment procedures.
- Activities will be planned to ensure social distancing measure are adhered to throughout all of our camps, and only non contact activities will be delivered according to the guidance. Equipment will be cleaned before and after use with anti-bacterial products.
- Any child who develops a high temperature, or begins to show COVID-19 symptoms will be isolated in a safe space, and parents contacted immediately to collect their child. That child will not be able to return until they have been tested with a negative result.
- If a member of staff has helped someone who has COVID-19 symptoms, they do not need to go home unless they develop symptoms themselves. They should wash their hands thoroughly for 20 seconds after any contact with someone who is unwell and remove and dispose of PPE that has been used.
- Some staff may decide to wear PPE, although this is a personal choice. Children may also choose to wear gloves and face masks.
- Staff will need to complete a Health Screen Questionnaire, to ensure they do not have, or been in contact with anyone tested positive for COVID-19 at the start of the camp.
- ·Should a child, parent or staff member have either the symptoms, or is tested positive, then Funweeks will be adhering to the Government guidelines, as set out @www.gov.uk
- If a “bubble” is required to be closed due to COVID-19 (based on government guidance), then Funweeks will provide a full refund for the days that attendance is not possible.
The government continue to provide updates on Covid-19, and release guidance which we shall follow to ensure safe participation for everyone involved within Funweeks. We will continue to update our policies and procedures when these updates are released, and make these available on our website.
We look forward to seeing your child/children at one of our Funweek venues.
For your peace of mind please click here to see the latest government guidance for parents/carers whose children are attending out of school activities this summer.
To view our COVID-19 Risk Assessment - click here